Welcome! I have just completed my PhD in Astronomy and Astrophysics at Harvard University where I worked under the supervision of Prof. Douglas Finkbeiner on probabilistic cataloguing. I will be a DIRAC Fellow in the DIRAC Institute at the University of Washington in September 2018.
Born in Edmonton, Alberta to a Salvadoreño father and a Filipina mother, I am a proud first generation Canadian.
Educational Lectures / Modules
- Our Universe’s Story: cosmos from chaos (co-presented with Kate Alexander and Zachary Slepian) – public lecture
- Math in Nature: Finding order in chaos (co-presented with Jessica Kunke and Lei Zhu) – public lecture
- Meet the Eagle Nebula – interactive module and companion website
Classwork: Computing Projects
- Predicting Citation Counts of ArXiv Papers (co-developed with Marion Dierickx, George Miller, and Sam Sinai) – class term project
- N-Body Building (co-developed with Marion Dierickx) – MPI python N-body simulation and companion website
Classwork: Term Papers and Paper Reviews
- Inflation and the Primordial Perturbation Spectrum – class term paper
- Cosmic Ray Interactions in Starburst Galaxies – class term paper
- A Theory of the Interstellar Medium: Three Components Regulated by Supernova Explosions in an Inhomogeneous Substrate (co-authored with Kirit Kakare) – paper review
- Neutron Star Core Equations of State and the Maximum Neutron Star Mass – class term paper
- Search for Dark Matter from the Galactic Halo with the IceCube Neutrino Observatory – paper review